Just the other day i saw this fantastic Pirate cake a friend made http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluebec/3935487471/
Then today i got emailed the following photos, apparently from a russian cake contest (though this was email so who knows!)
This goes great with soup!
• 1.5C lukewarm water
• 2T olive oil
• 1t salt
• 1T chopped garlic
• 1T chopped fresh rosemary
• 4C bread flour
• 3t active dry yeast
• 1t chopped fresh rosemary
• 1/2 Grated Cheese (Optional)
1. Place water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, garlic, 1 tablespoon rosemary, bread flour and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough cycle; press Start.
2. Remove dough from bread machine when cycle is complete. Pat dough into either a 9×13 inch baking pan or 12 inch pizza pan. Use your fingers to dimple the dough every inch or so. Brush with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cover foccacia with plastic wrap while oven preheats.
4. Sprinkle grated cheese and rosemary over the top (optional)
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
200g soft butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
2 cups (or thereabouts) of crushed cornflakes
Cream butter and sugar. Sift cocoa and flour and fold into butter mixture. Mix in cornflakes. Drop spoonfuls onto a baking tray and bake in 180 degree oven for about 10 – 15 minutes. Cool, then ice with chocolate icing. Chocolate icing is made with about 1 cup of icing sugar, a couple of tablespoonfuls of cocoa and some dabs of butter, put in teeny amounts of boiling water and mix until you get consistency you want.